Sunday, April 17, 2016

A New Tutorial For You--Using Your Paper Scraps

If  you  like  to  collage,  then  you  probably  have  bits  and  pieces  of  paper  that  you  can't  throw  out--any  kind--scrapbook,  book  pages,  hand  painted,  gelli  printed--ANY  kind.  In  my  case,  it's  most  likely  the  painted  kind.   When  I  get  a  build  up  like  this,  I'll  get  out  my  surface--whatever  is  on hand  and  my  gel  medium,  and  start  gluing  those  papers  down--cutting  and  gluing....

 ........first  layer.....

......and  the  finishing  touches......

More  cutting  and  gluing--


(and  adding  one  of my favorite  sun faces)


I  could  do this over  and  over--yes,  I  have  that  many  papers....

So  if  you're  wondering  about  the  tutorial--it's  for  this  piece--


 You  can  find  it  over  at  the  DecoArt  Mixed  Media  Blog.   All  3  of  these  were  made  on  8x8  wood  cradle  boards.   The  last  one  I  turned  over  and  made  it  into  a  shadowbox--so  if  you  want   more  info  on it  remember  to  visit  DecoArt  HERE!

3 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

I have LOVED your work for so long...I just rarely comment. THANK YOU for your step by step tutorial's too. Love them!!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

AWESOME collages!!!

refillable leather journal said...

Thank you for this awesome tutorial.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails